The Borough of Bangor
- REMINDER: Snow and Ice Removal from Sidewalks. Every owner, tenant, occupant, lessee, property agent, or any other person who is responsible for any property within the Borough of Bangor is required to remove any snow or ice from their sidewalk within twenty-four (24) hours of the cessation of said snow and ice falling. Furthermore, they must create a path, free from any snow or ice, of three (3) feet on said sidewalk. Should any property by a place of business within the Borough of Bangor, all snow and ice must be removed within four (4) hours of the cessation of said snow and ice falling. Any property that is deemed a business must have the entire sidewalk free from any snow and ice. If and/or when the snow and/or ice cessation happens during the hours of darkness, the time limit of removal of all snow and ice begins at daybreak. Failure to remove snow and ice is a violation of Bangor Borough Ordinance Number 961 and will result in violation notices and fines.
- Board Vacancies- Bangor Borough currently has the following board vacancies: six (6) vacancies on the Disruptive Conduct Board for the Owner, Renter, and Community seats; one (1) Zoning Hearing Board seat; one (1) Zoning Hearing Board Alternate ; one (1) Civil Service Commission seat; one (1) vacancy board chairperson seat; Anyone that is interested in serving on any of these boards should submit a letter of interest to the Bangor Borough Administration Office at 197 Pennsylvania, Bangor, PA 18013 by 12 pm on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.
- Yard Waste Dumpsters– The yard waste dumpsters have been restored with revised hours to help prevent illegal dumping (Wednesday 8am – Friday 2pm). The dumpsters will have to be removed again if illegal use/dumping continues: NO GRASS, DIRT, BAGS, TRASH OR OTHER DEBRIS ALLOWED
- Fall Newsletter– Our Fall newsletter is available here.
- Tax Collector Schedule– Click here for the 2023 Tax Collector schedule and hours.
- Trash and Recycling Calendar– The 2023 Borough wide trash and recycling calendar can be found by clicking here.
- Sewer and Refuse Billing– Online bill-pay for sewer and refuse is available here.