The Borough of Bangor
- Memorial Day Service: Bangor VFW Post 739 will be hosting a Memorial Day Service at St. John’s Cemetery at 11 am.
- Seasonal Public Works Employee Ad: Bangor Borough is hiring a seasonal public works employee to help maintain parks and Borough properties. A valid PA Driver’s License is required. Applications are due by June 8, 2022 and work will begin on June 13, 2022. Pay is $12.50/hour, work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am until 2 pm. The job description can be found here. Applications can be picked up at the Borough Office, 197 Pennsylvania Ave., Bangor, PA 18013 or downloaded here.
- Board Vacancies- Bangor Borough currently has one (1) vacancy on the Borough Planning Commission and three (3) vacancies on the Disruptive Conduct Board for the Owner, Renter, and Community delegate seats. Anyone that is interested in serving on either of these boards should submit a resume and letter of interest to the Bangor Borough Administration Office at 197 Pennsylvania, Bangor, PA 18013 by 12 pm on Friday, June 10, 2022.
- Season Pool Passes- Season pool passes for the Bangor Memorial Park Pool are now on sale! Applications can be found here. *Please note that the pool will be closed on Monday’s and Tuesday’s until we are fully staffed.
- Street Sweeping- The Public Works Department has started street sweeping throughout the Borough. Please be patient as the employees work to ensure that all streets are swept.
- Bangor Borough Community Wide Yard Sale- The Bangor Borough Community Wide Yard Sale will be Friday, May 27 through Sunday, May 29. Yard sale permit fees are waived ONLY for May 27-29.
- Ticket-taker Ad- Bangor Memorial Park pool is in search of Ticket-takers for the 2022 Summer season. The pool will be open from approximately June 4th until August 27th. Individuals 16 years or older may apply. Pay range is $7.50-$8.00/hour, 20-30 hours per week. Applications can be picked up at the Borough office, 197 Pennsylvania Ave., Bangor, PA 18013 or downloaded here.
- Yard Waste Dumpsters– The yard waste dumpsters have been restored with revised hours to help prevent illegal dumping (Wednesday 8am – Friday 2pm). The dumpsters will have to be removed again if illegal use/dumping continues: NO GRASS, DIRT, BAGS, TRASH OR OTHER DEBRIS ALLOWED
- Spring Newsletter– Our Spring newsletter is available here.
- Tax Collector Schedule– Click here for the 2022 Tax Collector schedule and hours.
- Trash and Recycling Calendar– The 2022 Borough wide trash and recycling calendar can be found by clicking here.
- Sewer and Refuse Billing– Online bill-pay for sewer and refuse is available here.