The Borough of Bangor
- Event: Fright Night on Broadway- FREE outdoor movie night with a screening of JAWS will be held on Broadway in downtown Bangor on Saturday, October 8th starting at 7:30 pm. There will be refreshments available for purchase. Bring your own chairs, blankets, and pillows. Please note this film is rated PG-13, parental discretion is advised.
- Event: Octoberfest will be hosted at Bangor Memorial Park on Saturday and Sunday, October 15th and 16th. All your favorites are back again, like the carving contest, pumpkin painting, scarecrow stuffing, hayrides, train rides, food, and so much more! New this year…Fireworks Saturday night after the East Penn Raiders Football Game. Sponsored by Fidelity Bank and Mayor DeFranco. Click here for additional information.
- Event: The Bangor Halloween Parade will be held at Bangor Memorial Park on Thursday, October 20th, at 7pm. Click here for the official parade route and additional information. If you would like to register to enter the parade the registration form can be found by clicking here.
- REMINDER: It is the responsibility of property owners within Bangor Borough to maintain their properties and keep them free from high weeds, grass, and plant growth in excess of 10 inches. This includes weeds and plant growth along sidewalks and curb lines. Failure to maintain properties and keep them free from high weeds, grass, and plant growth in excess of 10 inches is a violation of Bangor Borough Ordinance Number 961 and will result in violation notices and fines.
- Board Vacancies- Bangor Borough currently has three (3) vacancies on the Disruptive Conduct Board for the Owner, Renter, and Community delegate seats. Anyone that is interested in serving on either of these boards should submit a resume and letter of interest to the Bangor Borough Administration Office at 197 Pennsylvania, Bangor, PA 18013.
- Street Sweeping- The Public Works Department has started street sweeping throughout the Borough. Please be patient as the employees work to ensure that all streets are swept.
- Yard Waste Dumpsters– The yard waste dumpsters have been restored with revised hours to help prevent illegal dumping (Wednesday 8am – Friday 2pm). The dumpsters will have to be removed again if illegal use/dumping continues: NO GRASS, DIRT, BAGS, TRASH OR OTHER DEBRIS ALLOWED
- Fall Newsletter– Our Fall newsletter is available here.
- Tax Collector Schedule– Click here for the 2022 Tax Collector schedule and hours.
- Trash and Recycling Calendar– The 2022 Borough wide trash and recycling calendar can be found by clicking here.
- Sewer and Refuse Billing– Online bill-pay for sewer and refuse is available here.